California Straw Building Association
West Coast Natural Building Conference
We are rescheduling this event out of concern for the health of all involved.
April 17-19, 2020
at Shady Creek Event Center
with organic vegetarian cuisine
18601 Pathfinder Way, Nevada City, CA 95959
We'll post the new dates as soon as they have been confirmed.
In the meantime, registration is temporarily disabled but you can join the wait list to let us know that you'd like to register when it re-opens!
Keynote Speaker - Laura Bartels
In 2008, Laura Bartels was part of a four person team that testified before Congress on the benefits of straw bale construction. Her professional path at that time brought her to be a leader in the field of sustainable building and community development. Her efforts throughout the US and with tribal nations helped people and communities put values into action, offering a valuable foundation and perspective on the importance of inner sustainability. Laura is currently the Executive Director of the Mindful Life Program.
This Year’s Topics Include:
- Optional pre-conference workshop - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00PM *extra charge applies
- Hands-on demos: bales, light straw clay, hempcrete, plasters
- 5x5 presentations - If you'd like to participate in these popular evening slide shows by sharing 5 digital slides in 5 minutes, please let us know during registration. Time slots are limited, so sign up early! Tell us about your work, show us your latest project - or introduce us to something new! (please bring your 5x5 on a memory stick or send it to us as a pdf ahead of time.)
- Natural Building Home Tour - (Sunday - self-guided on your way out)
- Book sales - CASBA's 2019 book, Straw Bale Building Details: An Illustrated Guide for Design and Construction, will be for sale at the event and various contributing authors will be available to sign it.
Our conference committee is working on the final speaker line-up and schedule, so keep your eyes on our website for more info soon!
Share the flyer!
Help make this conference great by gracing us with your presence for a weekend of learning, sharing, camaraderie & fun!
|| Conference Registration & Pricing
Our conference fee includes Friday dinner through Sunday lunch. Meals are organic vegetarian. Accommodation is separate. If you'd prefer to make your own accommodation arrangements please note this choice in the registration form.
| Members Early Bird - $185
Members Regular - $225
Non-Members - $275
Students - $120
(February 29th - March 22nd)
(March 23rd - April 6th)
(February 29th - April 6th)
(February 29th - April 6th)
|* After April 6th, contact us for availability
You can add the following options during registration:
Conference Accommodation - per head/ 2 nights
If you prefer to stay offsite please check that option on the registration form.
- Camping - $15
- Dorm - $30
- Offsite - $0
Optional pre-conference workshop
You may need to update your browser to make online payments- read more...
(Helpful hint - Members, log in first to make member pricing available!)
Become a member or renew your existing membership to qualify for member pricing!
Individual - $50 / Family bundle for 2 - $75
See our website for professional rates if you'd like to be included in our professional directory.
Renew Join !